The church of Santa Maria Assunta or chiesina di Santa Maria Assunta is a Catholic building located in the Migliarina district of Viareggio, seat of the parish until 2007 and subsequently a subsidiary church.
During the Second World War, following the displacement of Viareggio, the agricultural sheds of the Migliarina district served as a refuge for the Viareggios. The priests of San Paolino carried out their functions in a barrack located in via della Migliarina.
After the war, the population asked to be able to maintain the religious garrison and between 1950 and 1954 a church was built in via della Gronda, dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta which became a parish in 1965.
The very simple stone and brick gabled building recalls its agricultural origins. Above the entrance door is a painted lunette