Owned by the Cenami family since the beginning of the 17th century, the Camporomano farm was purchased in the mid-1600s by the Marquis Giovanni Mazzarosa.
At the time, it consisted of land divided into farms with the relative farmhouses and a seventeenth-century building, used partly as a manor house and partly for agricultural use.
In the second half of the 1600s and during the first half of the 18th century, the Mazzarosas carried out restoration works on the pre-existing building and the construction of the villa (now Villa Martellini), various agricultural outbuildings, up to the current eighteenth-century configuration.
The construction of the oil mill and the beginning of the terraces that will house the olive trees on the hill date back to that period.
In 1801 the property was inherited by the Garzoni family, already owner of the Castle and Garden of Collodi, who completed the villa with further architectural interventions and defined the agricultural structure with the arrangement of the farmhouses and the definitive layout of the current olive grove.
In 1900, again by inheritance, the farm came to Emilia Garzoni married Parravicino, who passed it on to her children and from these it came to Oretta Martellini, daughter of Maria Luisa Parravicino-Martellini.
The villa has a rectangular plan building built on three floors above ground; the hipped roof is enriched by a small bell tower.
The accesses to the main floor are characteristic, located on the facades, via two staircases with two opposing ramps. The first, on the main facade, with the respective terrace, rests on a stone vault and dates back to the time of the construction of the Villa. The second, on the side of the “enclosed garden”, is supported by two columns of pietra serena and was built at the time of the marquis senator Giuseppe Garzoni who, in the second half of the 19th century, had to commission new building and architectural works, respecting however of the eighteenth-century imprint of the building.
Two buildings of notable interest are part of the building complex adjoining the villa. One, the oldest, identified today as “the farm”, is the seventeenth-century building that already existed at the time of the Cenami property (early seventeenth century). With a rectangular plan and hipped roof, it is spread over two floors above ground and an attic and is characterized by a fine turret with a clock and overhanging bells. It includes a small eighteenth-century oratory, the chapel. The other is certainly a building that has always been intended for agricultural use and houses the oil mill, the bread oven and various warehouses. Traces of ancient agricultural activity are evident in the old presses, in the terracotta jars for storing oil, as well as in the identification of the room above the oil mill, still today called “il girabove”. In said room, which is located on the first floor and which is accessed via a stone-paved ramp without steps, an ox was brought up. The animal, yoked to a crossbar which was the fulcrum on the pulley of the underlying millstones and which forced it to move in a circular motion, constituted with its movement the driving force necessary for pressing the olives.
The two buildings described above have the external painting with horizontal stripes whose colors, yellow and red, respond to those of the noble coat of arms of the Garzoni family.