The church of Santi Clemente e Colombano is a sacred building located in the locality of Terrinca in Stazzema.
Built in the 9th century by the Colombanian monks of Bobbio.
It was transformed into three naves in 1599 and then restructured and consecrated again in 1897. To be admired are the six monolithic columns in Versilia marble, the choir loft in polychrome breccia, the seventeenth-century altarpiece with Saint Anthony the Abbot. The various marble furnishings refer to the eighteenth century, among which the altar to the left of the major one is particularly elegant, with an antependium in marquetry and a marble altarpiece from 1714 which frames a venerated painted image of the Madonna. The engine of many interventions was Ginese Antonio Vanni, rector from 1786 to 1843, who above all distinguished himself for having endowed the church with a conspicuous series of silverware all signed with the monogram G.A.V. and leave the farnocchino Luigi Razzuoli’s shop. Two bells are installed in the bell tower, balanced plus a quick ringer, the major one in E3 and the small one in Solb3.
On the choir loft, on the counter-facade, is the pipe organ, an Agati-Tronci from 1896, restored in 2017 by Nicola Puccini. The instrument, with mechanical transmission, has a single keyboard of 54 notes and a pedalboard of 17 notes which is constantly combined with the manual.